Sunday, December 18, 2011

Vegas at Christmas time!

So! I pretty much work nights all of Christmas eve, Christmas day, etc. But you know, I am not going to let that stop me from having some fun this time of  year. Last summer, I saw a little tidbit in the paper advertisingt a special at the MGM Grand. If you booked a 3 night stay by Aug. 16th, they would throw in show tickets for one of seven shows. I had been wanting to go up and see one of the Cirque Du Soleil shows, so it sounded like a great deal to me. I checked the prices on line and by going mid week, we were able to get a room for about 69$ a night. Plus show tickets that were worth about 150$. So I thought this would be a great time to go.


My friend Edith said she would come so plans were made and off we went. The lobby of our hotel was beautifully decorated. Lots of gold, silver and red roses.
We were able to see the holiday decorations at several hotels. But the most fabulous was the atrium at the Bellagio. They use all plant products like the Rose Bowl Parade floats. It was stunning.
So many different types of Poinsettias and cyclamens made up the base. Jets of water. Arches, trees, penguins and polar bears.



This "card" backdrop was really cool. It was hard to get a photo of because so many people were taking their picture in front of it. Again it was all made of plant materials.



There were three carnation covered polar bears with ice covered trees behind them.

And ice skating penguins.


And a train went around this polar bear.


We got to see a lot of beautiful Christmas decorations!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So gorgeous - wish I could have gone. Looks like a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What sights!