Saturday, May 7, 2011

Curios Cluster Necklace

So I subscribe to Martha Stewart Living. Some of her projects are just too much work or too fussy for me. But sometimes, I think they are just really inspired and they "speak" to me. I saw this necklace in this month's issue and fell in love. I have all sorts of bits and pieces of jewelry that I hadn't been able to throw away, single earrings, pendants, old costume jewelry from my Great Aunt. Plus I have plenty of buttons and beads, etc. So I thought here is a perfect project to use them and plus I love the way it looks.
So I have been up to 1 AM the last two nights, working on it. I finished last night. I don't know. The instructions warn to make sure that everything you put on is "lightweight" but even so, when you put that much on, it starts to get heavy.  And mine doesn't seem to lay as flat as the one the girl had on in the magazine.

And here they show you can also wear it sideways and let the ribbon be part of the decoration. I don't know, mine didn't seem to want to do that. I'm going to try and wear it a little and see. I hope it wasn't wasted effort!

My sister says Martha has a whole staff of people around to make sure everything turns out great. The frayed linen is supposed to be a part of the whole "look". You purposely fray the edge. FYI!


3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oooh, that is cute. I want to see it up close.

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a great idea for all the pieces of treasures lying around!

Suzanne Barker said...

I'm thinking I may wear it to Church tomorrow Cindy and then you can see it.