Thursday, May 26, 2011

Coleen's Birthday Cake

So I was supposed to make this cake for Coleen's birthday at work. Then I got pulled to go on a two day trip to Yuma, unexpectedly. So Today is actually Coleen's birthday and she is off. I was partway done with the cake so I finished it today. It lists to the side a little and the icing isn't all smooth, but, oh my, does it taste good! I took it in to work so I would only have one piece and then leave the rest there. It's a recipe from Chez Panisse. A little fussy, but worth it. Moist, lots of cream and butter. One piece was enough. Hopefully, those who are at work will enjoy it. Sorry Coleen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice, and like it would be very delicious!

Coleen said...

It looks wonderful, I'll be expecting the same next year.....LOL