Saturday, January 15, 2011

McDonalds Car Show

I've been talking about going to the Barrett Jackson car show. One of the girls at work told me about the car show that is regularly out at the Rock and Roll McDonalds on Indian Bend and the 101. It's free! So today Penny and I went out to check it out. It was a lot of fun. There were a LOT of cars. There might be more than usual because there are so many car events in the valley this week. I'm not sure, because I hadn't been before.
Penny said it was a lot of old farts with their toys. It was really fun to see so many of them, and up close. It was also a memory trip. Seeing things like the way the air conditioner vents look in this Mercury. The skinny steering wheel. Wing windows. Window handles. Doors that use keys!

This was a beauty. I think I would like to have one to tool around in, but I don't want to have to fix or restore one. And I don't have the money to just have one as a toy. But it's fun to look at them.











I have known Penny a lot of years, but I had no idea she could look at a car and say "that's a 1964 impala" or something like that. She did that several times. I was amazed.










Lots of pretty paint jobs.















Hood ornaments














Fuzzy Dice














Cool retro design details











This woody complete with surf boards. Most of the cars were for sale.









Lots of chrome on the engines

















This one reminded me of a saddle shoe.














Somebody loves this car.























More Chrome. Clean enough to eat off of. But they would kill you.
















I loved this car. A convertible Cadillac Bonneville.









It was sooooo long. It would be like driving a boat.

















And of course there were lots of muscle cars!









No comments: