So that front room of mine houses an awful lot of stuff. If I lived in a bigger space, I don't think it would be a big a deal. But I go through and purge stuff pretty regularly. It's interesting to me, how something I think I should keep at one point in time, I am fine with getting rid of at a later date.
So we went on a home tour recently. Of course, all of these homes were very clean and nicely done. It made me feel even more cluttered. I had been having thoughts for a while that I wanted to clean out the area where my washer and dryer are. I had dumped things on top of them and never seemed to get back to really do anything with them.
So today, even though I didn't really have much sleep, I decided to tackle it.
So one of the first things I did was break my really nice white Williams and Sonoma bowl. I really liked it and was upset that I broke it. But it was really big and now I don't have to figure out where I am going to store it. (It is also the third thing I have broken in the last 4 days. I hope I'm done.)
I got rid of:
- a cute retro juicer that looks like a black and white puppy with a sombrero.
- A really nice large glass Christmas platter. I just couldn't keep storing something that I only used once or twice a year.
- a bunch of bug spray that I haven't used.
- carpet cleaning solution. I haven't had carpet in a year.
- a fondue set. I think I have two others somewhere else.
- a plastic tub.
I moved and reorganized:
- several empty plant pots and saucers.
- a really nice set of colored drawing pencils.
- my art supplies
- 2 big plastic bowls that won't fit anywhere else.
- the attachments to my vacuum cleaner that I don't use very often.
- my grain mill, waffle maker, crepe maker, mandolin, spice grinder, spare place mats, ice cream maker.
- A bunch of legal size envelopes.
- some treat boxes and bags to put goodies in for gifts.
So it looks nice now. I washed off my washer and dryer. I have basket on top of my washer with all my washing and ironing supplies. It looks so much nicer to me.
So where do the rest of you keep all this stuff? I still need to work on the rest of the room and it will never look like those homes we toured, I just don't have anyplace to put it really away.
One small step for sanity.