Monday, June 29, 2009

Mexican Folk Dancers in Old Town San Diego


While my sister and I went to San Diego to do some fishing, we also went to Old Town San Diego. We just happened into some performances of Mexican Folk Dancing. It is interesting that I have lived in the Southwest almost my whole life and thought I was pretty familiar with the Mexican culture. I discovered that I knew very little in regards to the dances. There are a lot of variety and lot of cultural influences. Some dances are very native Indian, some show a lot of interaction with the Germans or other eastern Europeans who lived in the various Mexican states. It was fascinating. I have several enjoyable photos to share. In one dance there was a little boy of about 5 or 6 who was very serious and danced beautifully. I call him Mr. Adorable. Enjoy!




























My Sister in Old Town.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Mr. Adorable . . . he IS cute!
Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What alot of diversity there with the different styles and cultures, I loved Mr. Adorable!