Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

Last night I watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" on my portable DVD player in the Winslow Motel. Don't you wish your life was as glamourous as mine?
Anyway, years and years ago, I read a few books about Henry the 8th and his wives and I thought I would know this story. I was really surprized to find out that I didn't know anything about this part. It was a fascinating story. I talked to my friend Joyce about it to get an overview of the background and what happened to folks later. That was very helpful. My sister in Idaho said she tried to read the book, but was just appalled by the way they treated people in it.
I was just rather amazed at the whole thing and the interesting angles the story took. Thought provoking anyway and in my book that makes a good movie!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I don't know much about the book or the movie, but my goodness . . . you really live a glamorous life getting to stay overnight in WINSLOW !!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, I too have wondered about that, I need to get updated

Bandanamom said...

I loved this movie. I have not read this book - but I have been thinking of reading it. I read another book on Henry & his wives and thought I would know about this too, but I had never heard this part of the story.